This year’s Drug Discovery and Therapy World Congress in Boston prominently featured lectures and presentations from multiple HSPG PEG faculty and trainees. Participation in this year’s seminar is as follows:
- Umesh Desai, Ph.D., organized the cardiovascular track.
- Umesh Desai, Ph.D., presented a lecture on “Small, synthetic glycosaminoglycan mimetics as allosteric modulators of coagulation cascade”.
- Rami Al-Horani, Ph.D., presented a talk on “Sulfated gallic acid-based factor XIa inhibitors as effective, selective, and potentially safe anticoagulants”.
- Kuberan Balagurunathan, Ph.D., presented a lecture on “Click xylosides: Novel technology for orally bioavailable novel anticoagulants”.
- Krishna Rajarathnam, Ph.D., presented a lecture on “Chemokines as drug targets for cardiovascular diseases”.
- Agnes Azimzadeh, Ph.D., presented a lecture on “Synthetic heparin sulfates and their mimetics to prevent coagulation dysregulation in xenotransplantation”.
- PEG trainees Akul Y. Mehta and Rio S. Boothello presented a poster.